Sunday, April 17, 2016

 Deadlines


I hope that doesn’t refer to the lines below.  

OK so I finished and filed my taxes on time.  That’s a deadline with some real meaning, because even to file an extension you have to get most of the work done.

With serious consequences in place
There’s pressure to keep up your pace
It’s a delicate art
To know when to start
So it’s pressure, but not panic you face.

But I haven’t prepared the vegetable garden for spring planting, I haven’t picked up the yard debris, I haven’t posted a limerick in over a week, and if I listed all the other evidence of failing to meet self imposed deadlines I’d never ………..

I hate the self imposed deadline
With no penalty, no sanction or fine
Just self induced stress
And the stream of consciousness
Gets dammed up somewhere deep in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment