Saturday, February 20, 2016

Downton Countdown III


Two episodes left.  I wanted to post this as a possibility before the scriptwriters prove me wrong.

Lady Mary still wishes to wed
A rich bloke who is properly bred
I may not be right
But I think one night
Tom Branson may be in her bed.

And why would I think this?  One reason is that Tom Branson treats her like a person, not a trophy to be won.  Another is, who’s left  now that Mary has blown off another ardent admirer?

When Mary has any trouble or care
Tom Branson is always right there
He treats her well
And sees through her shell
And protects the estate for her heir.

I know I’ve gone out on a limb
Of all possible suitors, why him?
There must be a reason
He came back this season
And her prospects elsewhere are now slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment